Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Woooo--It's been a long time...

Marx and Grandma Fuzzy
Marx and Uncle Ron

Marx on his 16th Birthday


A storm above our house--see the lightening.



Wow, time really flies by when you are busy. Now that I am sitting down to work on this, I'll have to beat my memory a bit to list what has happened.

May--Fairly uneventful month. School was winding up for Marx who was really excited for his freshman year to be done. He practiced for Grand Nationals and begrudgingly did homework. Marx T. landed a new job at Ace in April and loves it. He is turning wrenches and working with a group of guys he really likes. Lori was busy with work and enjoying a little break from the crazy traveling we did with wrestling. We did make it to my cousin's graduation from MSU. It was great to see so much family, some who I don't see often enough. We went up to my Aunt and Uncles house for a party. Uncle Ron wanted to take Marx around the ranch, but Marx didn't have a coat as usual and it was chilly. Ron, in true fashion, brought out his MSU letterman jacket for Marx to wear. Keep in mind that Marx and I went to Bozeman in true Griz fashion--Maroon and Silver everywhere! Marx called it a very weak moment!

June--Grand Nationals--Marx really shined at this final tourmanent of the year. Marx wrestled his bum off and placed 2nd in Greco, 3rd in Freestyle and 2nd in Folkstyle. The only kid in his bracket that he didn't beat took 1st in all three. Marx tried several different moves that he has been working on and also beat a state champ. It was awesome. We stayed at a KOA in the cabins, cooked out for meals, did a bit of shopping and watched movies at night. We also enjoyed our time with the Conklins who are becoming like family to us. We had a great time watching our fellow wrestlers showcase their outstanding abilities. We also had the Relay For Life event. Marx and Wes joined me for the evening and helped set up and enjoy the festivities. Marx took photos of the luminarias we had made for Penny and Grandpa Dean. Marx started working out at the Dog Pound learning different martial art styles that are useful in wrestling. He loved it.

July--Vacation--we had a week long vacation at the lake. Wes and his family joined us for the weekend and then Wes stayed for the week. The cabin sold the day we got there so it was bitter sweet too. We enjoyed the waverunner for one last summer as a small wreck totalled it out. It would have cost more to fix it than what it was worth so we took the money for future travel for wrestling. I will miss it for sure, but someday I would like to get another one or maybe a 4 wheeler again. Have more important things to put my money too like Marx's dream of wrestling in college. The boys enjoyed playing xbox, swimming, walking/biking to town and shopping. Only Marx and Wes can spend a ton of money on pop and candy!

August--Marx went to Nebraska with the Riglers for a wedding. While the drive was very long, they had a blast. Marx also enjoyed a week long youth camp at Holland Lake--full of swimming, boating, rope swings, and tube riding. Marx also surprised us with deciding to try Cross Country rather than football--he wants to be in better shape for wrestling without the risk of injury. He still loves football as his second favorite sport, but this move shows how serious he is for wrestling. I had surgery on the 19th and I am spending my time recoverying. My in laws and friends have been awesome with getting Marx around town for practices and fun. Hopefully I can start driving at the end of this week, but I am not sure if I am ready to return to work just yet. I enjoyed a long visit with a fabulous friend and sitting in a chair for several hours is kicking my butt. Marx is enjoying a little more time with his grandparents too. His first cross country meet is this week so we'll see how he is doing. He did make Varsity! Today was the first day of his Sophomore year. I was more excited than he was. He seems to be ready for this year though. We were talking about how he needs to study more and he shocked me when he said he would skip training to take more time for tests and homework if needed. Last year, I had to put my foot down and just not take him (with a bunch of grumpy attitude later) just so he would have the time to study. I think he will make better use of his time in school and after practice so he can still train and get good grades.








September--Oh that's tomorrow so I guess I'll update this month in December.

No comments: